Saturday, January 3, 2009

No. Absolutely Not. Never In A Million Years. Okay.

I try to tell myself that I'm not. it doesn't help. I try to tell myself, "Self, stick to your guns for once." all the while, the internal Johanna is clutching her sides and howling with laughter. guns? what guns? You're a pushover, a softy. and you know it.

But it's not like I don't try. it just does no good, at least where my siblings are concerned. they can make me do whatever they want, with a bat of the eyes or a subtle compliment. sad thing is, I know the game. I know what they're doing, or more importantly, what their motive is, before they do. I just can't overcome it. curse my own weakness!curse it a thousand times!!!!

Okay. a few examples. you know I wouldn't be writing about this if I didn't have a bazillion examples.
1) My big brother Jim and I were going somewhere, and I was just in the bathroom putting on some makeup. Jim is an impatient person. if he's ready, you'd better be ready too, or else he'll do nothing but complain complain complain. but it must've dawned on him that when he complains, I just ignore him, so he tried something different. "Johanna, you don't need makeup. you're gorgeous already." Now, I may be dumb, but I'm not a complete imbecile. I had enough sense to know he wasn't sincere in his sappy compliment. however, coming from my big brother, whose policy is "Never ever in a billion years give a compliment to your sister", I found it cute. so cute, in fact, that even though I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt he was just trying to hurry me to the car...it somehow worked.

2) At my house for Christmas, we (sometimes) draw names when it comes to buying gifts. last year, I drew Nikki. this year, I drew her again. I smell a rat. I like to think that I give good gifts and Nikki "arranges" for me to draw her name. maybe. who knows? but that's not the point. the point is, at church they were selling stuff in the back, and Nikki wanted this purple scarf. I was hesitant, to say the least, because the scarf was quite a chunk of change. she looked at me, her vibrant green eyes locked in a war with my own. and I was losing. in about five seconds, our eyes had a complete argument.
"Please?"
"No." Stick to your guns, Jo.
"Please?" *Precious Moments eyes*
"No..." Stick to your guns, Jo.
"Oh, Please! look how pretty it is! Please, Jo? I love you!"
To heck with the guns. "Oh alright."

3) Jim again. He was downstairs with Dad and Josh watching football. he was sprawled out on the couch, taking up all of it. he saw me enter the room. "Hey, Jo, go bake me a pizza."
"No." I replied, attempting to stand up for myself.
"Please? I'll love you forever."
I glared at him. "I know what you're doing." I said.
He grinned. "But we both know you're going to do it."
And I did. I'm like that. I can't help it. I hate saying "no" to people.

"Will you marry me?"
No, Creep Face. "Yes!"

"Can I borrow two hundred dollars?"
I don't even KNOW you! "Sure."

"Can I borrow your car? I crashed mine."
How stupid do I LOOK?? "Why not."

Pushover. Softy. Wimp...Aw blast.

"His Favorite Christmas Story." --Capital Lights. AWwww! I love this song!

No comments: